Hendon Prep Preschool
A safe and nurturing environment.
The main aim of our Preschool is to provide a setting where the children feel emotionally safe and secure.
The Preschool environment is friendly, stimulating and nurturing and the curriculum is based around our unique EYFS PLUS model which offers dynamic time-tabled activities for children to choose that includes; Music, French, Tennis and P.E, all delivered by our specialist subject teachers, plus age appropriate daily lessons in numeracy and literacy including pre-reading and pre-writing.
Children can join our Preschool at the start of the term in which they turn 3 years old in order to take advantage of our 2 year rolling curriculum. Our Preschool children are given first consideration for a place in our sought after Reception class.
- Ages 3 to 4 years
- Flexible sessions available
- Freshly made, nutritionally balanced lunches included for both full and part-time children
- Nutritious morning and afternoon snacks provided
- Enhanced Early Years curriculum including subject specialist teaching in French, Music, Tennis and PE
- Outdoor classroom for children to explore
- Preschool children are given first consideration for a place in Reception
- Employer childcare vouchers accepted
- Early Years’ Funding available to all children from the term AFTER that in which they turn 3 years old
The Early Years’ provision is outstanding in meeting the needs of all children who attend the school. Staff effectively implement broad educational programmes to provide excellent outcomes for children of all ages.
Each child is allocated a key person who will develop a genuine bond with them. This key person will play an important role in helping the child to settle and to navigate social interactions and nursery routines.
The provision for children’s well-being is outstanding. The key person plays an important role in helping children to settle and establishing secure bonds with them.
Teaching strategies are highly effective, children are developing a robust understanding of phonics, number, shape, and space through wide-ranging games, craft and other activities. Staff use a range of approaches to provide first-hand experiences, give clear explanations, make appropriate interventions to extend and develop children’s learning.
Please contact our Admissions Department to discuss Pre-School availability and admissions. We also offer Free Stay & Play sessions to give you a real feel for what we do, just ask our Admissions Department to arrange a session for you.